Do you know what Paytm is and How To Use Paytm on Your Phone Effectively, your answer is no! So let us tell you that Paytm is an Indian e-commerce shopping and digital wallet facility company.
Currently, from online ticket booking to the home electricity bill, even shopping from a mall or buying something from a small shop, digital payment or online payment is done everywhere.
Paytm plays an important role in our daily life. Apart from this, there are many apps for digital payment like- PhonePe, Google Pay etc. But out of all these, Paytm App is the most used. All types of transactions can be done online with Paytm.
Paytm is slowly becoming the best medium of digital payment, if you also use a smartphone and you also have an account in the bank, then you can also learn what is Paytm and how to use Paytm by reading this post of ours. And can connect to India’s cashless scheme through your Paytm Mobile Wallet.
What is Paytm?
Paytm is India’s largest online payment platform, which started in 2010 in Delhi and is run by a company called One97 Communications.
In the initial period, it was used only for online recharge and bill filling, but in today’s time, you can use it for every work like shopping, payment, money transfer etc.
Paytm is an app approved by RBI and for its security, they are using Paytm version-certified 128-bit technology, so that your personal data and money cannot be stolen from your wallet i.e. it is completely safe. That’s why today about 150 million people are using this app.
If you live away from your family or want to send money to someone, then you can do all these things with Paytm because through this app a user can transfer another user to his debit card, credit card, net banking or directly from the bank account. You can transfer money online to their bank account or wallet.
What is Paytm Wallet?
Paytm is a digital wallet where you can keep your money and use it to transfer and make payments.
Paytm allows its users to transfer money from their bank account to its inbuilt Paytm wallet through debit card, credit card or net banking, so that users can go ahead and fill any kind of bill at many places without cash like grocery stores, restaurants, multiplexes, shopping malls, hospitals and many more places where the merchant provides the facility to transfer money from Paytm.
Apart from this, you can also fill online bills like mobile recharge, DTH recharge, gas bill, electricity bill, online shopping, bus, train and flight ticket booking, cab booking, hotel booking etc.
To use the Paytm wallet, you first have to create an account in it and transfer money to the wallet. RBI has kept the wallet limit of each person at Rs.10,000 per month.
But if a user wants to increase their limit, then he will have to get his account verified in KYC, due to which the limit of his money in the wallet will increase from Rs.10,000 to 1 lakh per month.
We can use the Paytm wallet in two ways, it is available in a mobile application as well as its website so users can use this app from a mobile app or website according to their own.
By choosing any of these two platforms, you can access your wallet account and do online transactions anywhere and anytime.
To use Paytm, you must have a smartphone or laptop and an internet connection should also be present in it because this app works only through the internet.
Most people have Android devices, so I will tell you how to use the Paytm app on this device.
With the Paytm app, you can not only do money transfers or mobile recharge, but you can also do online shopping here.
Everything is available in this app which you get on other e-commerce websites. But the special thing about shopping with Paytm is that you will get some cash back on every shop which will be deposited in your wallet.
Along with this, you will also get many discount offers and promo codes in this app so that you will be able to save a lot.
Benefits of Using the Paytm App:
Online Recharge: – You can recharge your Prepaid Mobile online through Paytm Wallet. And you can also pay the bills of your postpaid mobile like Airtel, BSNL, Reliance, JIO and Vodafone. Apart from this, you can also pay DTH recharge, Electricity bill, gas bill, and water bill through Paytm.
Online Shopping: – You can easily do online shopping for yourself through Paytm. This huge discount is also given to users on Paytm. And if you do online shopping with Paytm then you also get free cashback.
Ticket Booking: – Through Paytm you can easily book Flight Ticket, Train Ticket, or Bus Ticket online and you can also book Movie Ticket through Paytm.
Money transfer: – Through Paytm, you can easily do online money transactions with your friends or customers. From this, online payment can also be made to Online Taxi (Uber and Ola).
So let us now without delay tell you how to use Paytm.
How to Use Paytm in India?
To use the Paytm app, you must first create an account in it. I have told them about his process below:
1. First of all Download and install the Paytm app on your device.
2. Once installed, open the app. As soon as the app opens, the first option that will come in front of you will be to choose the language. Select a language at your convenience.
3. The next step will be to log in. If you are already its user then login by giving your user id and password and if you are new then you can create a new account in it.
4. To create an account in the Paytm app, you enter your mobile number in it and then enter the password.
Your password should be at least 8 digits and alphanumeric and symbols should also be used like “Am@59725”, it also contains your number, letter and also a symbol.
5. After giving the password, you can also give the email id as per your wish. Here email id is given so that whatever transactions you do with this app, all its details are sent to your email id.
6. After that click on the option “Sign up” below. Now an OTP will come on the mobile number given by you which will be a 6-digit code. You have to put it in the box with “Enter OTP” and tap on DONE below.
After entering the OTP, your mobile number will be verified in the account and here the process of creating your account will end i.e. your account has been created.
After creating an account, now you have to use the Paytm wallet app, for which you have to put money in it. So let’s know about that how to put money in a Paytm wallet.
How to add money to Paytm wallet?
1. Open the Paytm app and login to it.
2. The option of “Paytm Wallet” will appear on the home screen of the App, tap on it.
3. After that enter the amount you want to put in it. But keep in mind that the limit for putting money in it is only Rs.10000 i.e. you can get Rs. You can enter an amount less than or equal to 10000. After that click on Add Money below.
4. After that you have to select the payment option from where you want to put money in your wallets like debit card, credit card, net banking or UPI.
5. After that, fill all the details of your bank or card like card number, expiry date and CVV (remains on the back of the card). Fill all the details carefully and click on “Pay now” below.
6. After this, OTP will send on the registered number of your bank account and submit it by filling it in the box. After this money will be transferred from your bank account to your Paytm wallet.
After the money is transferred, a message will appear on your screen that your money has been added to the wallet. To see whether money has been added to your wallet or not, you tap on the Passbook option on the home screen, you will see the amount added to it.
How To Send Money from Paytm?
You have to transfer money to someone or pay someone, then you can do this work easily without paying extra money, you can pay as much as the app wants through this app, and you will not have to pay extra charges.
You can send and receive money in two ways – one from a phone number and the other from QR code.
How to Pay from Paytm with QR Code?
1. First of all, open the Paytm app. If asked to log in, then login. If you are using this app every day, then you will not be asked to login again and again.
2. To send money, tap on the “Scan & Pay” option on the home screen of the app. To get more money, tap on the “Accept payment” option.
3. Scan the QR code of those to whom you want to send money from your phone or get them scanned by giving QR code to those from whom you want to receive money.
4. After scanning, fill in the amount of money you want to send or receive.
5. Then click on the “Pay” button or the “Receive” button.
6. After sending or receiving money, you will get the details of the order summary on the screen in which you have received the money or the name of the person to who sent the money and the money paid will be shown.
How to Send and Receive Money in Paytm from Mobile Number?
1. Open the Paytm app.
2. To send money, tap on the “Pay or Send” option on the home screen of the app and tap on the “Accept the payment” option to receive.
3. After that select the option with “Mobile number” and enter the registered number in the Paytm account of that Paytm user to whom you want to send money and give the user to fill the number registered in his Paytm account to receive the money.
4. Enter the amount to send or receive money.
5. After entering the number and filling the money, click on the option “Pay” or “Receive”. After that, a pop-up box will appear on your screen in which you will be asked to confirm the mobile number and proceed further after confirming it.
6. After sending or receiving money, you will get the details of the order summary on the screen, in which you will see from whom you have received the money or the name of the person to whom you have sent the money and the money paid.
How to Pay from Paytm wallet to Bank Account?
Paytm users can transfer the money in their account to their bank account in a pinch. This facility is very useful for those who get their business money through Paytm.
That money first comes in your Paytm wallet, after that you can transfer it to your bank account from there. The process of transferring money to the bank account is explained below-
1. Open the Paytm app.
2. On the home screen of the app, tap on the option “Passbook”.
3. You will see how much money is in your Paytm account and there will be an option of “Send Money to bank” below that, select it.
4. In the next step, you will get the option of “Transfer” on the right side of the total balance, tap on it.
5. After that, fill your bank account details like bank account number, account holder name and IFSC code. After that, fill the amount of money you want to send from Paytm account to bank account.
6. Then tap on the “Proceed” button. Next, you will see the money amount along with your bank details. Take a good look at it and tap on “I Confirm” then click on proceed button.
7. In the next step OTP will come on your registered mobile number which you have to fill in the prescribed box. After that, your money will be transferred.
8. After the transaction is completed, a message will appear on the screen that your money has been transferred from your Paytm account to your bank account.
How to Recharge with Paytm?
1. Open the Paytm app on your mobile.
2. On the home screen of the App, you will get the option of Mobile Prepaid, click on it.
3. After that enter the number on which you want to recharge. Its operator will automatically come in the box containing the current operator.
4. After that, enter the amount to be recharged in the box with the amount below.
5. After that you will see a check box of Fast forward below, tap on it and click on proceed to pay option.
6. After that many options will come on your screen to make payments like debit card, credit card, net banking, UPI etc. You can make a payment by choosing any one of these options.
7. If your bank account is not linked with net banking or UPI app, then you can pay with your debit card.
8. To pay with Debit card, you have to enter the 16-digit number of your card, the name of the cardholder, the expiry date of the card and the CVV number which is 3 digits on the back of the card and click on the proceed button.
9. After that an OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to your bank account, which you have to fill in the box with Enter OTP and click on submit button.
10. After that the message of payment successful will come on your Paytm screen and on the number given for recharge so that you will know that your mobile number has been recharged.
How to Pay Electricity Bills using Paytm?
To deposit the electricity bill from Paytm, follow all the steps mentioned below, and how to fill the electricity bill from Paytm:
1- First of all, you have to open the Paytm app on your mobile. And then you will see the option of a Recharge & Pay Bill, click on it.
2-After this, you will see an option with electricity, click on it. As you can see in the screenshot below.
3- Now a page with electricity bill payment will open in front of you, there you have to select your electricity board, then select your state, and then select the electricity board of your area from the select board.
After this, you will have to enter your consumer number or IVRS number, which you will see in your bill. Enter the number and then click on the Proceed button. After which you can pay your bill by making a payment.
After making the payment in this way, after confirmation, your electricity bill will be deposited from Paytm. Your bill will also be updated in 1-2 days, by the way, it happens immediately, but many times it is too late due to a technical problem, so do not worry.
After linking the account, you can now pay your electricity bill. Now you have to click in the Pay button to fill in your electricity bill. And then whatever amount is there next, it has to be entered and paid. After which your electricity bill will be paid.
In this way, once you have paid your electricity bill from Paytm, then every month whenever your new electricity bill comes, you will get the information from Paytm, and then you can easily pay your electricity bill directly.
Almost all power companies have arranged for online electricity bill payments online to facilitate their consumers. To make an electricity bill payment to any company, you have to go to their official website.
And at the same time, you will also get the option to make electricity bill payments. The facility of online bill payment not only saves our time but also makes our life easier.
How To Do KYC of Paytm?
The full form of KYC is “Know Your Customer”, it is the identification process started by RBI where the customer has to provide documents like an Adhaar card, pan card, voter card etc. as an identity proof to give his proof.
After giving these documents, Paytm verifies and then allows users to use all its services. After applying for KYC in Paytm, you can increase the limit of your wallet.
If you do not know what you have to do to increase the limit of the wallet, then here I have brought a step-by-step process for you, with the help of which you will be able to register on KYC in Paytm.
1. Open the Paytm app on your mobile.
2. On the home screen, you will get the option of “Paytm KYC”, click on it.
3. A page will open where “Complete your KYC” will be written. Here you will be told about its benefits. Just below that, you will get the option to proceed, click on it.
4. After that click on the next screen, you have to fill the number of your Aadhaar card and write your name on the Aadhaar card in the name box. Then select the option with “I Agree” and click on proceed option.
5. After that OTP will go to the number linked to your Aadhaar card, you have to fill that code in the box with “Enter OTP” and click on verify button.
6. After verifying, the details of your Aadhaar card will appear on your screen. Check, if everything is correct, and then click on the option “Yes it’s true”.
7. After that you will again be asked for additional details like:
·Do you have PAN? (Do you have PAN)
Correspondence Address (home address). If your correspondence address is the same.
If you have an Aadhaar card then click on Yes otherwise on No.
Fill all these details correctly and click on the “I declare” checkbox below and tap on the “SUBMIT” button.
8. After submitting you will see a message on the screen that your Paytm account has been linked with KYC. Meaning now you have become a member of KYC.
I hope you like this article “what Paytm is and How To Use Paytm on Your Phone?” and understand everything related to it. Talking about Paytm is the most popular e-commerce shopping company in India where you can do all your important work online.
However, there are many more such companies which are among the popular websites providing digital payment facilities to their users, including Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PhonePe etc.
Keeping this in mind, today we gave you complete information about Paytm, in which we told you what is Paytm and how to use Paytm and how to send money from Paytm etc.
Hope you enjoy this information. If you liked the way of using Paytm, then definitely share it with your friends too.